I am an avid shipper of people. It’s emotionally exhausting, I tell you, but it’s not like I have a choice most of the time. These things just happen. I will warn you now though, I do ship some homosexual couples that some people do not see as homosexuals. I don’t have a problem with that, but in case you do, you might want to skip this post.
- Dean Winchester & Castiel (Supernatural) Ship name: DestielThis is my OTP (one true pairing). I have shipped them harder and more aggressively than all my other ships. An old best friend had pushed me into this, and I fell in love with them and I fell hard. Rewatching Supernatural post-Chelsea (the old best friend), I did see that you can definitely overread into their situations, that up until season 6, there’s friendship and if you squint, there’s romance. The romance was injected after season 5, after Eric Kripke, the show’s original writer, left. Destiel is ultimately why I stopped watching the show. The writers keep teasing the audience with the relationship, and I couldn’t take the emotional pain anymore. I’ve written fanfiction for this ship.
- Zuko & Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender) Ship name: ZutaraI actually got into the show because of beautiful Zutara fanart. I came into it shipping them, so imagine my disappointment when I realized they never end up together. They totally should’ve ended up together. WHY ARE THEY NOT TOGETHER???? I’ve written fanfiction for this ship.
- Erik Lehnsherr & Charles Xavier (X-Men First Class) Ship name: CherikChelsea got me into this ship as well. I don’t have as much to say about this. I do only really ship the younger movie versions. I haven’t found any good fanfiction yet, so if there is some, please send! (I also strongly ship myself and Erik. I can’t stop gushing whenever I see that Fassbender face.)
- Inuyasha & Kagome Higurashi (Inuyasha) Ship name: InukagOldie, and my first ship ever. Inuyasha broke a lot of firsts for me, and I look back with nostalgia. Nowadays, this isn’t my otp. I’ve been reading a really good Sesshoumaru & Kagome comic, and there is some good Kouga & Kagome fanart out there, but whenever I feel wistful, I’ll reread some of the fanfictions I’ve saved for this pairing. This was the first pairing I wrote fanfiction for, if anyone is curious. I’m debating on doing a post just talking about Inuyasha, because there is just SO much I could say. This is also the first canon pairing I’ve included on this list.
- Harley Quinn & The Joker (Batman) Ship name: ???I know how abusive he is towards her, and while the feminist in me is screaming, I still ship it, I don’t know why. I haven’t been able to find any good fanfiction, so if you have some, please send it my way!
If you have a morbid curiosity, my fanfictions can be found here. What do you ship?
Tune in next week for Things I’ve Bought But Haven’t Read/Watched/Played Yet! (In which the answer is everything)