ABOUT LITTLE APARTMENT, BIG CITY
After several attempts to get blogging “right”, I said to hell with it and created Little Apartment, Big City. LABC has become a haven for my thoughts, my opinions, and a chance to spread the word about…whatever.
What you’ll find on this blog include book reviews, lists, show reviews, movie reviews, link-ups, life stories, photography, projects, and whatever else life decides to throw at me. I’m not trying to sell something. This blog is purely for entertainment, both yours and mine.
When I created this blog in 2013, I was living in a small studio on Read St. in Baltimore, MD, hence “Little Apartment, Big City.” Now, I live in a slightly bigger studio, still in Baltimore.
I’m a 20-something trying to figure out this whole adult thing. I have a job, but I’m still working out that whole career business. I was born here in Baltimore at the University of Maryland (My aunt will tell you about how she held me first), but my formative years were spent in Greenbrier County, West Virginia. I’m the oldest of two, which gives me all of those “oldest child” personality traits. I have trichotillomania and dermotillomania. I’m a collector of the finer things in life, such as seaglass, postcards,stickers, and Christmas ornaments.
5 IMPORTANT FACTS
- I have a dog that I love named Buster. He is my dog soulmate. Unfortunately, he does not live with me at this time. Instead, he lives with my grandmother in Pennsylvania, which means I don’t get to see him much.
- I’m a DC Comics fan. I appreciate Marvel, but DC is my main squeeze. It was tough there, playing for the losing team, but this new line-up of movies and shows has me excited for our future.
- My father was married three times. Because it can get confusing at times, I refer to his 3 wives as M1 (my birth mother), M2 (the one who raised me), and M3 (pure evil). This is important to note because it will come up in posts.
- Leopluradons are my favorite dinosaurs.
- Michael Fassbender is the love of my life.
I love doing photography. My camera is almost a permanent part of my right hand. My focuses tend to be on abandoned buildings, but I’ve been falling more and more in love with concert photography. I also really enjoy pet photography. It’s kind of a guilty pleasure.
My personal achievements in this area include showcasing my photography at Raw Artists’ “Translations” showcase in September 2013 and winning a photography contest/being published in Amaranth 2010.